Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Urban Decay






It’s December 2011 and I haven’t posted on my blog since 2008! I suppose I was waiting for a great opening line. I still don’t have a great opening line, but a young friend of mine said I should just start writing, so I’m taking her advice.

I originally started the blog as a class assignment when I was in photography school in Montana. Now I see it as a great way to tell people what I’ve been shooting and about some of the great places I’ve discovered. I’ll try not to bore you with a lot of details and I’ll try to entertain you with lots of photos. After all, its my photos that I really want to share. I’ll also share links of some websites showing my photography and websites that I think you will enjoy.

One of the most unique places I’ve gotten to shoot this year was the defunct Pullman train yards in the Kirkwood area of Atlanta. Even though the yards are surrounded by a locked chain link fence, graffiti artists have found their way inside and graffiti is everywhere! Graffiti reigns on the brick walls both inside and out and on the last remaining Pullman car in the facility. The buildings have been taken over by weeds and trees. Because there is not power in the buildings, the graffiti and the inside of the buildings are illuminated by the afternoon sun.

No comments: