Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Eufaula, PC Beach, Providence Canyon

Friends reunion in Seaside
Sunset at Panama City Beach

Historic Home - Eufaula

Providence Canyon State Park
I had heard about the "Little Grand Canyon of Georgia" for a few years, so when I had the opportunity to check it out,  I took it!  I was on my way back to Atlanta from a weekend in Florida where I had spent a great reunion weekend with my four best friends from high school.  On the way to Florida, I stopped in Eufaula, Alabama.  Eufaula has more than 50 buildings on the National Register of Historic Buildings and I toured one of the homes that is open to the public.  Just across the Georgia-Alabama state line and the Chattahoochee River is Providence Canyon State Park - the "Little Grand Canyon".  My visit there was reserved for the trip home.  Georgia's canyon was not created by natural events, but rather by poor farming practices.  The gullies are as deep as 150 feet.  The varying colors of soil create a sculptural effect.

No comments: