Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

St. Augustine Pier

Road Trip, April 7, 2012.  St. Augustine, Florida, was my destination for the weekend, where I attended the wedding of one of the daughters of my college roommate.  The weather had been unusually warm for April, but turned cool and windy on Friday and Saturday.  My visit to the St. Augustine Pier found strong waves and so much wind that the smaller birds hanging out at the pier were having a hard time flying!! This pelican seemed to be hesitant to fight the wind or maybe he was just waiting for the fishermen to show up and share their catch with him!  Surfers were having a hard time paddling out, but seemed to be enjoying the waves. 
The architecture in St. Augustine and specifically the churches are unique and beautiful.  More about that in my next post!

No comments: